· * Provide a completed Leave Application with a doctor's certificate or FMLA form to Human Resources at least 30 days prior to your leave. Once your form is received you will be contact by Human Resources to schedule your leave. All leaves must be approved by the Millville Board of Education.* Employees are granted 4 weeks before and 4-6 weeks after depending on the birth. If you are in need of a longer leave based on a disability, please provide a doctor's certificate.
· * If you do not have enough sick days to cover your maternity leave, you will be placed on unpaid leave for the time you are off utilizing FMLA.
· * You must work 90 days to advance to the next step on your salary scale.* If you are on unpaid leave, MPS does not pay into your pension. Therefore if you are off 6 months unpaid, that time is NOT going towards your retirement. You can buy back your time if you would like.* Contact Laurie Saporito 856-327-6136
· * Health Benefits will continue the entire time if you are off on PAID leave. They will be provided for 12 weeks of unpaid leave. You are still responsible for your health insurance contribution during your leave. After the 12th week, you will be responsible to pay for your benefits.* Contact Leslie Morello 856-327-6009NJ Family Leave InsuranceIs offered by the State of NJ. This insurance allows you to be paid a portion of your salary for 6 weeks during your unpaid leave. You may use this within a 12 month period from the date of birth of your child. An application must be filled out and returned to Human Resources along with your newborns birth certificate. Our office will send the initial paperwork and you will be responsible for everything thereafter.
* All forms can be found under our forms page: http://mps.millvillenj.gov/Page/1749Contact : Karen McCaffertyExecutive Assistant of HR856-327-7590