Tony is a visionary educator with 25 years of experience, who began his career as a high school math teacher at Northern Burlington Regional High School. He then moved onto Gloucester City Schools as a K-12 Math Coach and then onto Cherry Hill Public Schools as a central office administrator. Since 2010, he has served as a shared-services superintendent of Berlin Borough and Gibbsboro School Districts and then onto Pemberton Twp. Schools in 2015 as Chief School Administrator. In 2020, he began serving as Superintendent of Schools for Millville Public Schools, where he continues to serve to date.
Tony is a collaborative, results-oriented leader focused on improving systems that lead to an exceptional education for all students. Each of the school systems he has served have seen significant improvement in student achievement, school climate and school policy.
Most recently, Tony has experienced tremendous success in school funding for his school districts. Tony was responsible for legislation leading to military impacted school districts receiving additional state aid - $14 million statewide.
Trongone is currently serving as:
- Commissioner, NJ Military Interstate Children Compact
- President, New Jersey Association of School Administrators,
- Vice-President, Great Schools New Jersey: The Association of High Need School Districts
- Trustee, New Jersey Educational Services Commission, and
- Board member, New Jersey Child Labor Law Enforcement Advisory Board
He received his undergraduate degree, with honors, in Mathematics from Rutgers University, and a master’s degree in School Administration from Wilmington University.