Student Assistance Coordinator
District Student Assistance Coordinator
Student Assistance/Substance Awareness Program
The Student Assistance/Substance Awareness Program is a school-based program designed to assist students with personal and or drug/alcohol related problems that are affecting school performance. The Student Assistance/Substance Awareness Program also promotes the general development of students self-esteem, interpersonal relationships, problem solving, and coping skills.
Students are encouraged to seek help for problems with or related to drug, alcohol, and/or vape use. The district has special staff members and services available to help with direct assistance or confidential referral. There is no punishment for voluntarily seeking help.
Forms will be provided by your student's school. For your reference, please see below:
Please see below for substance abuse resources for students and families:
Addiction Hotline of New Jersey
- Referrals for self-help support groups, Outpatient counseling, detoxification, methadone maintenance, suboxone, physicians and residential facilities for adolescents and adults.
- 📍 P.O. Box 1004, Williamstown, NJ 08094
- ☎ 1-866-880-2342
- 🔗 www.24houraddictionhelp.org
Acenda Integrated Health
- 📍 47 Delsea Dr, Glassboro, NJ 08028
- ☎ 1-844-4-ACENDA (1-844-422-3632
- 🔗 https://acendahealth.org/
First Step Clinic – Outpatient Services
- Provide adolescent and adult outpatient treatment services for county residents such as alcohol/drug evaluation, outpatient treatment, individual and group counseling, in house AA meetings, anger management, screening services for inpatient care.
- 📍 70 W. Broad Street, Bridgeton, NJ 08302
- ☎ 856-451-3727 (Fax: 856-455-9706)
- ✉ [email protected]
24/7 Cumberland C.A.R.E.S.
(Compassionate Addiction Recovery Equals Success)
- Please call and a trained recovery coach will assist you.
- ☎ 1-800-236-2448
- A free non-denominational Christian program helping people to be addiction-free.
- 📍 P.O. Box 52, Norma, NJ 08347
- ☎ 856-691-9855 fax: 856-686-2107
- 🔗 www.missionteens.com
Maryville Addiction Treatment Center
- 📍 1173 E. Landis Ave, Vineland, NJ 08360
- ☎ 856-823-3428
Outreach Suboxone and MAT Addiction Treatment
- 📍 80 S. Main Rd. #103, Vineland, NJ 08360
- ☎ 856-407-0248
Recovery Centers of America at Lighthouse
- 📍 5034 Atlantic Ave, Mays Landing, NJ
- ☎ 1-800-RECOVERY (1-844-275-2659)
- 📍 133 Polk Ln, Seabrook, NJ 08302-5905
- ☎ 1-888-206-3208
My Sisters Kids, Inc.
- My Sister’s Kids hold regular meetings on the 2nd and 4th Thursday of every month at 6:30pm. Refreshments are provided and are followed up by individual groups for children, pre-teens, teens/young adults and parents/guardians.
- 📍 1800 E. Broad St, Millville, NJ 08332
- ☎ 1-609-364-8320 (Dorothy Snyder)
- ✉ 4[email protected]
- It may be hard for you to feel optimistic about the future right now. If you’ve lost a spouse, child, family member, or friend, you’ve probably found there are not many people who understand the deep hurt you feel. This can be a confusing time when you feel isolated and have many questions about things you’ve never faced before.
- 🔗 https://www.griefshare.org/about
In the event of a crisis or emergency, you can call 9-8-8 to be connected with a mental health professional to assist you. Additionally, you can also contact Crisis Screening Center at Bridgeton Health Center/Inspira at 856-455-5555.
For outpatient services:
Cumberland County Guidance Center
- 📍 2038 Carmel Rd, Millville, NJ 08332
- ☎ 856-825-6810
- 🔗 www.ccgnj.org
Inspira Health Network Mental Health Services
- 📍 Various Locations (see website)
- ☎ 856-575-4111
- 🔗 www.inspirahealthnetwork.org
- 📍 42 South Delsea Dr, Glassboro, NJ 08028
- Locations: Glassboro, Egg Harbor Twp., Woodbury, Cape May County, Salem County
- ☎ 1-844-422-3632
- 🔗 www.acendahealth.org